Pantone Color of the Year 2014: 5 Ways to Wear Radiant Orchid
Radiant Orchid is the Pantone Color of the Year for 2014, and we love it! This bright hue is a beautiful blend of pinks and purples. With such a bright color, though, it can be hard to wear without being overwhelming. Here are some ways you can incorporate radiant orchid into your everyday wardrobe.
- Just Go All Out – This is the “in-your-face” approach. Find a great blouse that is radiant orchid. This shouldn’t be hard, since many designers are using radiant orchid in their collections. Find a blouse that you can wear with dark or black denim. This is great for a casual look, and it will definitely make you pop.
- Accents – This is the more subtle approach. Since radiant orchid has such a power to it, you can cover it up, or use a small amount of it to really enhance an outfit. Wear a radiant orchid tank under a sheer blouse, or even have a radiant orchid bra peeping out, which has been trending style lately.
- Jewelry – This is a great and easy way to include radiant orchid into your outfit. You can use jewelry as your accent or pop to an outfit through a variety of ways. A bracelet would be perfect for a casual outfit with a t-shirt and jeans. A ring can be worn with a warmer outfit. If you are wearing a long sleeve shirt, or a jacket, a ring can be that pop for you. One of the most effective might be a bright radiant orchid pendant necklace. This would be a piece that you could wear with any outfit, casual or more dressed up.
- Shoes – This is most women’s favorite part of an outfit. The shoe can make or break the whole outfit. That is why using such a crucial piece of the outfit as the center point for radiant orchid could have the biggest effect. Find a great pair of radiant orchid pumps, and you will be set for the year. You can wear the pumps to add color to an all black outfit, or you can use it to complement other colors in your outfit.
- Makeup – This is by far where you can get the most creative with the radiant orchid color. You can make your eyes come alive with a beautiful shade of radiant orchid eye shadow. Blush is also an excellent, and unexpected, place to put a lighter shade of radiant orchid. The most effective use of radiant orchid in makeup is probably lipstick. Your lips will do the talking without having to even open your mouth if you find the perfect shade of radiant orchid to make them the star.
Keep a look out for radiant orchid popping up in the color schemes of all of your favorite designers. Stop by JJami Lyn Women’s Clothing in Los Angeles to find the perfect piece of radiant orchid for you!